Tuesday, August 20, 2013

FIVE DAYS!

NO SURGERY FOR ME!!!!!

After a lovely trip to MRI land, my knee is not torn up! It's still the chondromalacia patella, it has just gotten real out of whack from overuse and poor muscle strength in my hips and glutes and more. Physical therapy for a few months should fix it! And the doctor says I will not injure or tear anything if I run on race day, so it will come down to how I feel. This is fantastic news! I think the pain has been magnified by the Fibro and my pain receptors just being crazy. Oddly enough, that is a connection I never made til a few days ago.

The backs of my legs look like I'm a battered woman. It's just Merriweather, my bike, kicking my ass. When I start going really fast, sometimes my feet fly off the pedals, hit me in the back of my ankles and calves, I almost crash, and then I have bruises the next day. Also carrying my bike up the stairs causes these stunning marks. Someone at work asked today "Getting beaten up?"

And I have my rental suit! I think I look like a superhero.

FIVE DAYS.

A mile swim tonight.

A long bike ride tomorrow.

Then I taper.

This is happening!


No comments:

Post a Comment